• “The Glen” is an excellent start up farm or an ideal sized add-on cropping block, with a lovely stone home.
• Situated at 1765 Netherton road in the highly regarded cropping region of Netherton.
• Located just 40 minutes away from a major grain receival hub at Tailem Bend and the farm is a stone’s throw away from the Dukes Highway at KIKI.
• The property is positioned in a reliable 425mm rainfall area, consisting of two titles which will be offered as a whole.
• “The Glen” in total is 232.6 ha or 575 acres and the house is positioned on its own 68 ha separate title.
• The cropping country on the property has been well managed in conjunction with a sheep operation and is in terrific health, with legumes playing a big part in its rotation. This country is well suited to growing Beans, Canola, Wheat, Barley, Lupins and Vetch for hay and pasture.
The soils consist of red brown loams over clay and limestone, plus some loamy sands over clay, with the clay being easily in grasp of a delver or Bednar (Trial Bednarring was performed on this property two years ago).
• There is a small 5ha paddock of grey loams over clay that has been fenced off and has an excellent stand of Lucerne over it, and this could be a terrific Ram paddock.
• Broken up into 7 main paddocks, the fencing is in excellent stock proof condition with a fair percentage having been renewed.
• Very good quality underground water (approx. 1500 to 1600 ppm on a recent test) is pumped via a solar array to a tank on a stand to give height and every paddock has a trough serviced from here.
• The capital improvements on the farm consist of a 15m x 9m Hay/Implement shed and an older 18m x 9.4m storage shed which was once the shearing shed.
• The home on the property is a very well built original local stone and red brick pointed house. This is in very good condition and could either be used as a full time home or is very suitable as a managers residence or an overnighter for an absentee owner.
• “The Glen” is a very neat cropping property that has been well managed and is in very good heart. It could be ran as a pure continual cropping parcel or it also has scope to be a very productive pasture block. The region has always been tightly held due to its reliability, soil types and proximity to markets.
Please contact Alastair Johnson on 0427 609 751 to organise an inspection.