LOT 3 – “Davalack Downs” is approximately 27 kms. s.w. Keith with driveway access off Wicks Road, which is approx.2.28 kms. west of the bitumen Cantara Road.
* Approx. 1/2 flats, and 1/2 undulating to hilly grazing, ideal shelter.
* Previous owners ran as a mixed cattle and sheep property, current owners only running a few cattle whilst
undertaking a major development/pasture improvement program. Almost 50% of the property, sown to Lucerne and
Chicory, and a Rye Grass/clover mixture on flats, mostly Vedlt grass on hills, has been very lightly stocked
during this period, and as such the new and established pastures are growing well, with a good body of feed.
* Some undeveloped saline flats, with area scrub in s.w. corner.
* 100 kg/Ha. of single super every other year on improved pastures, (not old Veldt grass).
* Up to 175 kg/Ha. Scrub Mix + zinc, when renovating pastures, plus up to 3t/ha Gypsum and 2.5 t/ha Lime as
advised by Agronomist.
* Approximately 450-475 mm. district average rainfall.
* All mains, one meter, newer 1 1/4″ blue band Poly pipe laid on ground, approx. 10,000 gallon concrete tank on
hill, with double acting float, and sand filter, virtually all paddocks with concrete troughs.
* Homestead has rain water connected from an approx.10,000 gallon concrete tank and pressure unit.
* Some 22 main paddocks including 2 wide raceways, plus holding paddocks, rubbled track, and portion raceways,
generally fenced to soil types.
* Currently only 22 cows and calves, had been 85 breeders + heifers, bulls, and up to 400 ewes, (prior to
pasture renovation/development program). Vendor estimates 100 cow unit with increased improved pasture.
* 4 b.r. Blunts transportable, prominent position with views to n.e. Renovated kitchen, dining, lounge w/-
wood fire and a.c., w.i.r ensuite, b.i.r’s
* Approx. 60×30′ t.f. Implement shed w/- pt. raised floor, 40×20′ Imp shed, c.f., part old quarters/workshop,
c.f. and power. S/Roof bulk Super Shed.
* Large set of old timber rail and steel gate cattle yards, crush, timber ramp.
* Approx. 60×30′ 2 stand curved raised board shearing shed, equipped, and attached good set of steel pipe bugle
The sale of “Davalack Downs” provides options for smaller graziers or those looking for a large lifestyle retreat with facilities to handle either cattle or sheep, or as an ideal addition to “Mossdale” only 4 kms away, which would enhance the flexibility of sheep/cattle facilities, and further capacity. The incoming owners will take advantage of great cover of feed due to being lightly stocked and the huge amount of renovation and pasture development/renovation which is benefiting from great seasonal conditions.
Expressions of Interest close on the 27th Oct 2016. Inspections strictly by appointment with the agent – Greg Window 0417 582 177.
An inspection can be arranged by contacting the listed agent.
Spence Dix & Co | OGA © 2021